Monday, October 10, 2011

Typecast: Cover art contest!

scan0055

I'm gonna be honest: this is going to be the best thing ever. Move over polio vaccine, cloud-based information sharing and pizza with cheese in the crust!

But seriously...enter. Enter enter enter the contest. Show me how creative you creative types (pun!) can be.

UPDATE: I guess maybe I should tell you how to submit your entries! You can email them to me at mike(dot)speegle(at)gmail(dot)com, OR post a link to your creation in the comments area.

Also, I have received questions as to the thematic bent of the work. Pen and Platen is a collection of stories that have one thing in common: they were originally composed by means other than electronic, and they are all fun to read. It is a sundry bag of genre-licious flavors...horror, spec fiction, humor, even a new spin on a couple of classic tales.

UPDATE UPDATE: Also, feel free to ignore any of the rules above if you have sufficiently artistic reason for doing so. I'm easy like Sunday morning.

10 comments:

Rob Bowker said...

That's a goodie! Give me a couple of days and my entry will be with you!

notagain said...

I need to read a sample to be properly inspired. Is that possible?

Mike Speegle said...

notagain: Sure! this post contains a preview of one story that I posted some time back. But don't let that limit you! Pen and Platen is a super melange of fun-time genres!

Duffy Moon said...

Polt just needs to send one of his doodles. Seriously.

Mike Speegle said...

I know, right? We have quite a few talented folks here in the typosphere.

Genevieve said...

Sweet! I love contests!

Queen M said...

Hmmm... I'll see what I can muster up. Thanks to your wife for giving me yet ANOTHER project. ;)

Cameron said...

When's the deadline?

My creative Muses are Capricious and Unpredictable.

I dream lo-tech said...

I'm not into layout/design, just wanted to say that "Pen and Platen" is an awesome title.

Mike Speegle said...

Gen: I know you do. Oh how I know.

Queen M: She does that, doesn't she? One of the many reasons that I like her!

Cameron: The deadline is November 1st, since most of the folks around here are gonna be busy with NaNoWriMo after that.

lo-tech: Thanks! I agonized over it for a long time. Still do, actually.